has been the basis of my social and artistic practice for the last 10 years. The Cube as a Microplex is a constantly changing, dynamic flood of encounters, people, events, collaborations, experiments and much much more. Its history so far is largely unwritten and badly documented. My current roles there include Director, projectionist and numerous others.
Here is a short list of my projects there:
- Thousand Years Of Cinema
- Multiple (versions) Screenings
- Trailer Trash
- Cube Cinema FAQ (Early aims, activities, ambitionsat the Cube. [Archive]
- Building redevelopment plans
- Film Score projects. Database script listing events in this category. [Archive]
- Various Programme ideas. imPROVIDE, Mountain Films, events.
- Various Archive projects.
(many pages under construction. Sorry)
Links to articles on/about/by the cube cinema.
- From HardBoiled To Human ? . Hilarious diary by early volunteer.
- Who will be transformed? article by twenteenthcentury, Saul Albert.
- Vertigo article by Chris Williams and Graeme Hogg.
- Variant article by Ben Slater. PDF form.
- Participant profile.
- wiki pages on Cube Microplex.
- Reclaiming The Cinema Space: The Cube As Social Practice. Conversation between Adam Pugh and Graeme Hogg, Chiz Williams, Ben Slater from the Cube. Published in Common Ground a book bringing together a collection of conversations between artists and curators. Published as part of the Aurora Festival 2009. Available from the Lux.
- Transcript of my Slide Show talk as part of the Cube Open Tour 2007. In this text Slide images presented on screen are indicated by numbers in brackets.
- James Winwood (volunteer) Dissertation on the Cube Cinema.
- Interview between Paul Cooke and online Film Journal R|R.
Now after a 13 year warm up period the Cube has plans to buy the building and get down to some serious work.