In September 2009 I undertook an unplanned and non rehearsed Environmental ‘derive’ along the entire coast of the greater Bristol Channel. Moving and living in a van and carrying a sound system and electronic instruments we set out to explore the coast as a framework to stage impromptu gigs and as an informing source for any works made.
Several pieces of work have emerged out of this exercise:
- A 1 channel or 3 channel video/sound presentation made using collected video footage, recordings of performances and photographic stills. see some stills here
- A written account of the journey. see here
- A collection of audio recordings to be used in ongoing live performances.
- A collection of photographic works contributing to an ongoing photo-research process looking at the Bristol Channel and the Severn ‘Estuary’ area. On this I’m working alongside Designer/Artist Ryan Broom.
- Arnolfini as part of their ‘All Around You’ season.
- Rotterdam Film Festival. 2010. Kino Climates Programme
There are various archived web-documents relating to this project which are listed in this link.